Are you finding yourself a bit uninspired style-wise as you trudge through winter hoping for spring to arrive early this year? Take advantage of this fashion downtime in between seasons to accomplish some wardrobe maintenance tasks and pick-me-ups that you don’t always have time for:
1. Does your lingerie need restocking? How about your loungewear and sleepwear? Take your personal style into your lingerie and lounge choices and have fun.
2. Take yourself on a couple of style inspiration dates. You could go window-shopping in stores you don’t normally go to, visit an exhibit at a museum, or go to a bookstore and browse the fashion and style section. It’s good to get a fresh perspective every now and then. (Sign up for my newsletter for monthly ideas and inspiration in your inbox.)
3. Pull out your favorite pant or skirt and try on different tops, blouses, and jackets until you come up with four very different looks. Isn’t this fun?
4. Fix six flaws in your wardrobe. Missing stockings for that dress? Need a specific bra that works with that blouse? Is that pant hem too long and dragging on the floor? Need to mend that rip in your favorite skirt? Need a new handbag that works with that new color in your wardrobe? Make a list of your six fixes and plan a shopping trip today.
5. Give your leather goods some TLC. Take a look at your favorite handbags, shoes, boots and belts. Do they need some love? Most shoe repair professionals can remove scuffs or scratches, replace worn out heels or soles on shoes. They can also refurbish handbag handles and even mend or replace the lining in leather handbags.
6. Purge eight or more items from your wardrobe. Discover what doesn’t fit or flatter you when you try on those clothes you’ve been ignoring. Make your closet a clutter-free sanctuary for getting dressed with ease.
7. Dial my number if this list makes you groan. I’m happy to do your homework for you so you can enjoy the results of wearing great outfits every day. The benefits will last well beyond the end of winter. You’ll be amazed! Let’s get started!
[…] the conversation that Cathy started last week regarding Making the Most of Downtime, I thought I would share what I’ve been doing to prepare for Spring ’15 and my […]